Thursday, December 26, 2013

Im your handy man...

Today I built a knife rack for the kitchen. I have seen 24 inch knife racks on Amazon and Ebay for somewhat reasonable prices, but I use a lot of blades in the kitchen and wanted more space. So I went to Ace hardware, where a helpful dude got really excited about my project and gave me an idea or two. Our only issue was whether the magnet strip they had would hold the knives and as long as they are placed carefully it doesnt seem to have a problem with the weight. Plus its rubberized so it wont scratch the blades. There wont always be this many knives on it, I just wanted to see how many I could fit. There are hooks underneath for ladles, spatulas and the like. The steel will likely be replaced and hang below also. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome. Total cost of this: somewhere in the neighborhood of $5. Thats a nice neighborhood...


1 comment:

  1. Indeed it is a nice neighborhood! I gave about $15 for mine from Amazon but it is not as long as yours.

    ReplyDelete